Head of Manufacturing Science and Technology
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You will provide leadership for the Manufacturing Science and Technology Department and ownership of all process related topics and issues. You are the member of the Site Leadership Team. In the start-up phase of the project, your role plays a critical part in establishing the site, its operations, procedures, policies and practices in full compliance and consistency with Lonza’s global standards. Upon completion of the project phase, you will assumes accountability of operations.
- Direct responsibility for performance of process including process monitoring and troubleshooting efforts.
- Direct responsibility and ownership of all process transfers and process related changes and modifications
- Direct responsibility for all process parameter related trending and reporting.
- Final accountability for all process related technical decisions and strategies.
- Maintain expertise in all relevant areas (cell culture, Downstream process, process transfer etc.) to ensure ability to support all business technical related requirements.
- Lead strategy, preparation and discussions during inspections and audits by customer and regulatory authorities.
- Communicate clearly in face to face and written communications to successfully influence matrix internal and external teams in order to meet site goals.
- Any other duties required by Site Head.
- PhD or Master in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering/Biochemistry/Microbiology;
- Extensive experience in Operations, Mammalian Cell Culture Manufacturing
- Fluent English proficiency required;
- Adapts to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment is crucial
- Anticipates and resolves challenges through understanding Lonza-specific standards and ways of working (Quality, SoPs, processes, who to ask, where to look)
- Learns from successes/failures, and applies lessons to new technical and interpersonal situations
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.