Control Systems Engineer II
United States, Conley (Georgia)
Control Systems Engineer II
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Develop, Install, Commission & Maintain Process Control Computer Systems for the wood protection business.
- Design, develop and modify process control software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Commission, monitor, evaluate, or inspect the installation of systems for compliance with design. Accommodate, adapt and introduce changes to the design as required.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation & process control systems
- Prepare, present and explain proposals, reports, cost estimates and findings to clients
- Research and evaluate equipment and instrumentation to determine if suitable, functional, reliable and cost efficient.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 3-5 years process design experience in a manufacturing or chemical environment.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC), process control instrumentation, electrical switchgear, SQL database design & development and industrial automation. Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Chemistry — Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.