Senior Manufacturing Science And Technology Scientist, Pilot Plant
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You will support the technical transfer of manufacturing processes (either Upstream or Downstream) using a defined structured approach between Process Development, through pilot stage to current Good Manufacturing Practice manufacturing. The role will be to provide technical support via project teams to develop the required technical process documentation in collaboration with external customers as well as other cross-functional team members to provide oversight through to a robust capable current Good Manufacturing Practice scale process.
- Follow defined routine and non-routine work assignment
- Manage multiple daily tasks in operating pilot plant equipment (for both USP and DSP processes) and associated process technologies
- Generate/edit pilot plant associated documents
- Use existing knowledge to resolve routine process issues and support pilot plant associates
- Develops key relationships with Tech Transfer peers to effectively communicate and participate in project discussions.
- Analysis of batch data for the preparation of process summary reports for the customer
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor/Master in Biological science or biochemical engineering disciplines
- Has knowledge in field of expertise experience through on the job training and adopting new tasks either from laboratory development or a manufacturing operations back ground
- Significant biotech industry experience/ Doctor of Philosophy in process development and process scale up manufacturing
- Has knowledge in field of expertise e.g. Upstream or Downstream operations preferably in a current Good Manufacturing Practice environment
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work cross functionally both with internal and external customers. Experience in working in cross functional project management and technical transfer activities
- Proven problem solver and multi task individual with track record of implementing improvements, has a good technical attention to detail, communication skills both written and verbal, interpersonal qualities with a continuous improvement positive mind set.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.