Sr. Chemist, Analytical
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Senior Analytical Chemist
As a Senior Analytical Chemist in Quality Control, you will be responsible for testing and release of finished product intermediates and/or finished products for pharmaceuticals within a GMP environment.
- Transfer analytical methods and assist with method validation
- Execute test methods for pharmaceutical finished products for strength, impurities, identity, and dissolution by HPLC, GC, dissolution, spectroscopy, and traditional quantitative analysis, utilizing HPLC, GC, dissolution, spectroscopy, PSD, KF, and PXRD
- GMP Notebook documentation and data review
- Mentor junior staff members
- Write and review Methods, Method Summary Reports, and SOPs
- May write, review, and approve test notes, analytical test reports
- May write, review laboratory investigations and CAPAs
- Bachelor of Science degree, at minimum, in Science
- Knowledge with HPLC, KF and dissolution required, and Empower software (preferred)
- GMP experience required
- Highly experienced working in a lab environment
- Independent and flexible worker that can readily adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced cutting-edge environment
- Results driven, demonstrated strong collaboration and decision-making skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and interact with management and employees within the organization
- Must be able to wear PPE including PAPR (Powered Air Purifying Respirator)
- Must be able to work 4/10's. Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat. Dayshift and occasional weekends/hours if needed
- Programming experience desirable, but not required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.