Intern, Mechanical Engineer
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are actively recruiting candidates to participate in our 2020 Summer Internship program. This program immerse you into the culture and operations of Lonza Houston. Throughout your internship you will be giving the opportunity and will be expected to contribute as an active team member within the Engineering Maintenance and Facilities department.
- Support the implementation of the reliability program, identifying and inventorying assets, writing maintenance work plans, and specifying and ordering spare parts
- Support Maintenance Team with computerized maintenance management system records, update PID drawings, and assist with maintenance projects utilizing mechanical engineering fundamentals, database systems and may utilize CAD
- Excellent attention to detail and strong aptitude for working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Pursuing degree as an Mechanical Engineer highly preferred
- No prior experience necessary; however, 1-5 years of educational or professional experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of 3D CAD preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.