Intern - Research and Development (R&D)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a Research and Development Intern for Lonza located in beautiful Bend, OR, you will be responsible for assisting lead engineers on an internal research and development team. The team focuses on innovation for development and manufacture of pharmaceutical intermediates and dosage forms. The duration and timing of this internship is flexible based on the needs of the candidate’s university schedule.
- Develop a full understanding of the necessary process and equipment train involved in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- In collaboration with project teams, you will be responsible for developing and executing experimental plans, setup and operation of process equipment, and analytical analysis.
- Use fundamentals of engineering to explore advanced technologies and applications in the area of Lonza’s future business and products.
- Must be currently enrolled as a 2nd year student (sophomore going into Junior year) or higher at a 4-year college or university in a chemical engineering or bioengineering program
- Excellent laboratory practices, attention to detail, data analysis and process engineering skills
- Ability to work independently and in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strongly driven to learn and ask questions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in hands-on operation of lab process and analytical equipment
- Knowledge of the scientific method
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.