Senior Scientist Ibex
Senior Scientist Ibex – Pilot Lab
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In the role of Senior Scientist, you are responsible for the development and implementation of Mammalian Upstream processes covering cell line construction and/or cultivation process development. You work in interdisciplinary teams as an expert and interacts closely with customers on project basis. Additionally, you are accountable for the performance and results of the assigned projects including timeline and cost control.
- Demonstrates scientific/technical leadership at project level by taking scientific decisions for complex scientific problems
- Responsible for the planning, the execution and documentation of project-specific process development activities in the area of mammalian cells
- Leads multi-disciplinary project teams as Functional Lead for all area-specific development aspects of assigned the product or project
- Responsible to establish timely and qualitatively the required working instructions for technicians
- Documents the results of the process development activities timely and in high-quality in development reports handed-over to the customer
- Responsible for training of the technicians and operators.
- Anticipates, evaluates and implements trends and innovations in the area of expertise to deliver better performing solutions.
- Provides input to decisions for implementation of new technologies
- Represents the team in group and project team meetings. Involved in customer meetings and should develop customer relationship
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- List key requirements here.
- Bachelor / Master Degree / PhD
- Preferred area of study: Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- PhD: no industrial working experience in this area required; MS (1-5 years); BS (> 5 years of experience)
- Broad biotechnology expertise and/or knowledge in the area of Mammalian cell culture and process development
- Fluent in English, German knowledge would be an advantage
- Basic GMP understanding
- Strong leadership skills; very good communication skills and interaction with all kinds of interfaces within the organization; strong team orientation
- Structured, focused and well-organized working attitude; open-minded for new ideas and suggestions; high motivation and dynamic drive; solution-oriented
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.