Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Tampa, FL is searching for an experienced Labeling Specialist to join our growing team. As our Labeling Specialist, you will be responsible for designing and printing labels in support of ongoing and concurrent clinical packaging efforts. You will be the liaison with Program Management and Quality to coordinate the label proofing and production activities of a designated project to ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished.
- Create/design, revise and produce label proofs and printed samples for client approval.
- Execute and oversee label production/printing on in-office Zebra printers in accordance with established packaging schedule.
- Accurate proofreading (for spelling, grammar, design and format consistency) of a variety of finished printed labels and preparation of transfer packet to QA.
- Coordinates with project management to obtain appropriately certified label text translations for inclusion in label design/proof.
- Maintain labeling-related standards/regulations to ensure continuous regulatory cGMP compliance, controls, archiving, supportive documentation and security.
- Associates Degree or equivalent industry work experience in similar role.
- Expertise with Prisym 360 or similar labeling system.
- In-depth knowledge of label printing, i.e., B&W printing from zebra printers.
- Expertise to identify which type of ribbon is best for each application.
- Ability to swap out ribbons, change print heads, and troubleshoot as needed when labels do not print correctly.
- Ability to design/layout the label text to meet GMP regulations.
- Successful experience creating and writing documents including SOPs, work instructions, training, investigations, etc.
- Willingness to lead labeling processes including communicating with regulators and auditors.
- Drive and willingness to act to improve processes and outcomes.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.