R&D Associate Scientist, Process Technology
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for an R&D Process Technology Associate Scientist to join our team. As our Associate Scientist, you will be one of the team members developing new mammalian cell culture process operations within the Mammalian Manufacturing Research and Technology group. You will be responsible for executing Research and Development protocols, experiments, and evaluations. You will also be responsible for delivering completed evaluations and reports on the latest cell culture processes and technology.
*Candidate must be able to work one weekend day. Please note that this is a Contract role last for a minimum of 12 months.
- Identify cell culture initiatives for mammalian bioprocess with an objective of establishing a leading position for Lonza within the biotech industry.
- Evaluation of potential cell culture process improvements including experimental design, data analysis, and experimental summaries from bench scale and manufacturing scale experiments.
- Join global team developing novel mammalian cell culture production and improvements by avidly participating in technical and scientific meetings.
- Degree in life sciences. Preferred area of study: Biological Sciences or Chemical Engineering.
- Prior working experience within biotech industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of cell biology, cell culture, scale up and mass transfer, bioreactor operation, disc stack centrifugation, filtration and basic knowledge of statistical data analysis.
- Significant knowledge of aseptic technique and cell culture practices.
- Working experience in aseptic technique and familiar with protein characterization assays.
- Working knowledge of process analytics within mammalian cell culture production.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.