United States, Rochester (New York)
What makes YOU different?
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) combines technological innovation with world class manufacturing and process excellence. Specialty Chemical Services provides solutions for composite materials and processing additives for technically demanding industries, such as electronics, transportation and aerospace. We also provide performance intermediates & chemicals for many industrial applications, such as agro intermediates, food & feed ingredients, cosmetics, non-current good manufacturing practices (non-cGMP) intermediates, and custom development & manufacturing.
LSI is looking for an EHS Specialist in our Rochester, NY plant. This role assist in leading the safety and health programs to compliance with regulatory and operating standards in Lonza’s vision of Goal Zero. Supports environmental activities at the Rochester facility. Oversees and leads the implementation of programs to ensure a safe working environment. Lead emergency response operations and oversees site security.
- Ensure site safety and security programs are implemented in compliance with Federal, State and local regulatory requirements and Lonza's corporate policies.
- Asist in developing and implementing site safety programs to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Lead site regulatory training program for new and existing employees and contractors.
- Work with engineering, maintenance and manufacturing in the design and review of new and modified processes, to identify and resolve safety and environmental deficiencies, Organize and lead PSM team reviews of processes.
- Responsible for industrial hygiene program, and will recommend changes based on industrial hygiene sampling to ensure continuous improvement in working conditions.
- Responsible for compliance with site security including CFATS requirements.
- Conduct safety inspections and audits.
- Maintain tracking of EHS training, inspections and incidents.
- Responsible for overseeing plant infrastructure assets, such as fire protection, emergency response equipment and security systems.
- Engage in incident investigations to determine root cause and implement appropriate corrective action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS w/5 years experience in manufacturing, chemical preferred or AS w/min 10 years experience in manufacturing, chemical preferred
Knowledgeable of safety policies, rules and regulations
- Strong communication/presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills, ability to coach employees
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to its customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.