Greenwood, South Carolina
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Quality Engineer position is responsible for leading quality system improvement teams comprised of members from the operations, supply chain and quality departments. Through root cause analysis of customer complaint data, investigation results and operational capability, the QE will identify opportunities within the quality system for improvement as well as provide data for long term tracking and trending. The Quality Engineer will work in conjunction with Quality & Technical Service Engineers, Sales & Account Solutions Representatives and Operations to communicate investigation results and corrective measures when appropriate to customers and Lonza colleagues.
- Leads investigation teams through root cause analysis of customer complaints and quality system failures.
- Drives implementation and follow-up of corrective actions for investigation findings.
- Initiates regular discussion & correspondence with customers and departments for closure to customer complaints and corrective action requests.
- Issues internal quality communications (i.e. Quality Alerts).
- Captures and records Voice of the Customer data for tracking and trending.
- Performs risk based audits of quality systems based on the Voice of the Customer data.
- Displays and communicates Voice of the customer information on a weekly basis.
- Issues monthly report to organization that includes customer complaint rates and internal defect and micro rates.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate.
- Must be able to back-up the Senior Quality Analyst/Quality Analyst as needed.
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function.
- Must be able to travel as needed (less than 30% annual travel).
- BA/BS in Business, Technical, or Engineering discipline
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated experience using Six Sigma methodologies and tools (Belt preferred).
- Passing Score on Munsell Color Vision test.
- Experience with data analysis in Minitab or similar program
- Experience with SAP
- Experience in working directly with customers
- Experience auditing quality systems
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.