Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for an R&D Scientist to join our team. As our Scientist, you will responsible for planning and executing scientific projects, and for generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work the team studies.
- Able to conceptualize and design laboratory experiments within the scope of R&D team projects.
- Has responsibility for an allocation of work that they plan and organise to meet deadlines in accordance with current policies and guidelines.
- Write and review documentation, including presentations, protocols, SOP’s and reports, as appropriate to level of experience.
- Takes responsibility for authoring reports and presenting data as a scientific specialist.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences or Biomedical/Chemical Engineering.
- A strong R&D technological background in protein purification, with hands-on industry experience.
- Advanced knowledge of preparative chromatography, ultrafiltration and basic analytical techniques
- Working knowledge of process scale-up and commercial manufacturing is preferable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Creativity and troubleshooting skills to develop new and expand current technical capabilities.
- Technical writing skills with proven record of accomplishment of scientific publication.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.