QC Scientist (Temporary)
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Quality Control (QC) Scientist acts as a team member of the Quality Control department to support technology transfer, validation, deviation support, and investigation projects. Subject Matter Expert for all disciplines. Works on extremely complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables. Supports the review of all regulatory documents. Direct contact with customers and project teams. Acts as an advisor to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Troubleshoot assay and instrumentation issues involving data mining, trending and analysis to identify problems. Provides hands-on and theoretical training as appropriate for QC and other operational groups.
- Oversee assigned projects in group and ensure on track for on-time completion
- Represent QC and Lonza in customer meetings to receive/deliver information, request and requirements.
- Document writing and review for transfers/validations/investigations
- Measures throughput, performance and other appropriate metrics and report them to management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree and/or Advanced Graduate degree (MS/PhD)
- Preferred area of study: Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent Science Field
- Experience in a GMP/Professional environment
- Use of Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Advanced skills in applicable laboratory software and hardware systems including Empower 3 and SoftMax
- Experience writing methods, protocols and reports for method transfer and method validation
- Use of GMP (Good Manufacturing Processes) Quality Systems such as: TrackWise, LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems)
- Experience with effectively communicating to internal and external customers
- Makes quality decisions independently
- Experience with HPLC systems preferred
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.