IT Portfolio Management (PFM) Lead
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this global role you will be responsible for managing the IT project portfolio functions of portfolio planning and related resource management. You will actively engage with business stakeholders ensuring appropriate governance and guidance for IT project requests. You will coordinate with IT work streams to ensure project requests meet accuracy and reliability of IT project data. Furthermore, you will provide the global IT portfolio in a consolidated format to the global Head of IT Strategy & Project Portfolio Management, for subsequent reviews, controlling and prioritization with Business leadership.
- Organize and execute the core IT portfolio management process end-to-end, from project planning to IT project approvals, into project execution through all necessary stages and gates/decision points
- Responsible for evaluating the project portfolio pipeline and identifying resource requirements. Provides IT leadership with resource information on bottlenecks, excess capacity and project conflicts; closely aligns in this matter with AS application services
- Structure, prepare and align the different IT portfolios in Lonza
- In charge of collecting the required data for relevant IT portfolios in a global IT portfolio information data base
- Proactively govern and coach business stakeholders with regards to the different stages of the IT project requisition process
- Sets forward global standards and guidelines for IT portfolio management
- Provide policies and continuously improves required procedures
- Master degree in IT, Economics, Business Administration or comparable work experience
- Extensive project portfolio management experience with excellent organizational skills and strong ability to work on different parallel tasks and projects
- Experience with Portfolio Management / Resource Management Tools to optimize the resource and project management planning
- Deep knowledge in the main IT solution domains – ideally business applications with a strong know-how of one of the following products: SAP ERP, other SAP applications , Salesforce CRM, other ERP
- Previous experience within a regulated environment (Pharma, Food, Chemicals) is a clear advantage
- Sound knowledge of IT innovation approaches and digital solution development approaches
- Passion to work in an international and diverse environment, international work experience
- Good leadership and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.