Lab Technician II
Sr. Laboratory Technician
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Carries out the practical work in the laboratory including planning and execution of the work and technical assessment of results. Has responsibility for projects and special tasks (Safety-Coach, Purchasing, Maintenance etc). Uses judgement based on practice and precedence.
- Perform Microbiology testing experiments following AOAC, ASTM, OECD or other defined methodologies, regulatory and safety standards with little or no supervision.
- Planning, selecting and set-up of most suitable equipment.
- Planning of experiments, logistics, safety measures with limited supervision.
- Prepare Reports and evaluate the data obtained from experiments and, if necessary, orally present observations, conclusions and recommendations. Documentation of results including data-analysis and data interpretation.
- Ensures reasonable maintainance of the workplace (lab, etc).
- Sharing-Best-Practices for techniques and equipment.
- Work cooperatively with internal and external teams, provide schedule flexibility as directed, weekend work if necessary.
- Supports projects as needed such as method development and R&D investigations.
- Train new employees on laboratory methods and practices.
- Develop advanced technical skills on expert level.
- Evaluate the microbiological efficacy of current and new products to support. BU and R&D requests on the CoE Microbiology team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years’ experience in microbiology
- Experience in the antimicrobial disinfection field performing efficacy and other microbiological testing
- Attention to detail and a good work ethic
- Adapt quickly to changes of working environment and management; value teamwork with a positive attitude of cooperation
- Organized, proactive self-starter able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks; detail oriented, adhere to timeline commitments
- Good communication skills in speaking, writing and presentation
- Limited training of new employees to instruct on methods, practices and lab procedures
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.