Operational Buyer Indirect
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Provide a buying service to all Lonza employees requiring indirect goods/services and CAPEX (where relevant) for the group of sites in scope. Ensure all indirect third party spend goes through the relevant buying channel and internal review procedures are followed to maximize value for Lonza. Cooperate closely with Accounts Payable and the P2P enablement team to resolve invoice queries and GRIR queries. Ensure timely delivery of goods and services. Support Strategic Buyers in negotiating low value contracts with suppliers. Support automation of Purchase Requisition & Purchase Order processes.
- Review and validate Purchase Requisition for indirect products/services & CAPEX (where relevant) for several sites.
- Manage competitive bid process (per applicable policy) and/or execute RFx market interventions.
- Support Strategic buyers in negotiating low value contracts with suppliers.
- Ensure contracts and Purchase orders are assigned to relevant preferred suppliers (if possible).
- Place Purchase Orders, obtain order confirmations and expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery for several sites.
- Maintain relevant data fields in SAP (e.g. delivery dates and supplier order confirmations).
- Manage non-conformance, rejections & returns with suppliers and Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Monitor & track supplier performance and raise issues with strategic buyers and/or category managers.
- Promote the use of e-catalogue (Ariba) and other approved buying channels which generate automation.
- Respond to AP enquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in related field, i.e. Business, Economics, Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain.
- Advanced years of experience with Indirect/CAPEX Purchasing. Familiarity with SAP Material Management.
- Customer service mindset and ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Purchasing of indirect goods/services and CAPEX (e.g. Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order Process)
- Experience of carrying out 3-Bids and a buy via SAP and/or Ariba
- Experience of managing suppliers and carrying out low value negotiations
- Hands on experience of using SAP ERP and SAP Ariba in a purchasing/procurement role
- Hands on experience of using Microsoft Office.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.