Global Product Manager
United States, Conley (Georgia)
Global Product Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As part of Lonza Specialty Ingredients, Microbial Control Solutions (MCS), the Global Product Manager (GPM) is responsible to develop and implement a product roadmap across market fields and regions that incorporates mid-term asset and pricing strategies to maximize overall profitability and enable sustainable growth.
He/she manages the product portfolios globally and acts as a bridging function in the value chain between inbound (e.g. Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain…) and outbound focused functions (e.g. Marketing, Sales), facilitating information sharing and cooperation between all stakeholders.
The GPM drives his/her Operative Pricing & Margin Management, Asset Management and Product Stewardship related tasks accordingly.
Operative Pricing & Margin Management
- Drives the operative pricing management process and tactical pricing tasks in special events (e.g. peak demand, shortage, raw material volatility), owning the decisive input for pricing decisions on Core Products and Market Standards within the assigned market fields / product groups.
- Through developed pricing strategies, increases margins (absolute & relative) in the assigned portfolio via strong cross-functional engagement and sophisticated pricing techniques.
- Proactively coordinates cross-functional cooperation, sourcing input, market and competitive intelligence to improve alignment of pricing, business goals and margin optimizations.
- Develops and manages the price bands (min/max) and margin expectations, incorporating Marketing inputs on value price driven products.
- Reviews regularly the pricing effectiveness, sets and actively tracks KPI’s on price and margin realization, and implements corrective and mitigation actions on the whole value and volume driven product portfolios through profound analytics in order to optimize GP globally and cross-market field in collaboration with key functions (e.g. Marketing, Commercial Operations, and Controlling).
- Performs a governance and compliance role regarding the correct adherence to the price setting process and guidelines.
- Defines the portfolio related asset strategy in order to support sustainable business growth and accommodate new product releases.
- Performs asset footprint related risk assessments & builds business continuity plans into the Product Roadmap.
- Provides guidance on target costing to relevant operations and supply chain functions.
- Drives asset focused gross profit optimization projects, affecting different product portfolios.
- Has the sign off responsibility of MTO/MTS and inventory level reviews in cooperation with Supply chain and governs oversold situation and related allocations.
- Oversees Product Master Data maintenance and resolves product information discrepancies.
- He/She is the gatekeeper of new SKU creations, modifications and rationalizations.
- Facilitates product commercializations and liaises with Front End Development, Product Development, and MPO to ensure smooth implementation of new and revised products. He/she coordinates product launch activities with marketing, technical, operations, and sales, and supports the activities of IPM projects and SFDC opportunities in a way that ensures the market demand and timing is met.
- The position requires an estimated 10% travel requirement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required (Marketing, Business Management, Chemistry, Purchasing)
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience in global organization in a B2B industry: Commercial functions, Product Management, Strategic Procurement, Category Management
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.