Sales Manager - San Francisco Bay Area
United States, Hayward (California)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is one of the largest biopharma companies in the world and our organization is growing. We are looking for a Business Development professional for the San Francisco Bay Area or Northern California that will be responsible for successfully identifying and winning new customers and programs to Lonza Small Molecules Business Unit.
- Responsible for generating new business from new customers through a high level of customer contact including frequent direct customer visits and extensive networking activities.
- Effectively promote current technical capabilities and emerging / new technologies as they become available to facilitate generation and closing of new business opportunities. Primary means of achieving through e-mail communications, phone conversations, face-to-face meetings, and customer tailored presentations.
- Manage internal stakeholders including business units, proposal teams, and subject matter experts, to ensure our customers are provided with a well-orchestrated and timely industry leading customer support, and to ensure successful closure of opportunities
- Work with marketing, account management and product development to develop strategies that ensure Lonza’s position as the leading solutions provider.
- Network and build trust-based relationships throughout target accounts from technical personnel to executive management.
- Key activities will be building regional network and customer relationships, working with customers to identify their values and needs, and formulate value propositions to generate successful opportunities to address the customers' needs.
- Will be responsible for demonstrating strategic business awareness of the market and customer needs in order to differentiate Lonza from the competition
- Must live in Northern California or San Francisco Bay Area
- Bachelor or Graduate degree in Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, or Engineering
- PhD and/or MBA preferred
- Advanced experience delivering year on year business targets in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, CDMO space or Life Sciences.
- Experience in development of both drug substance and drug product for small molecule chemical entities
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.