Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) Associate Scientist, Intern
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic problem-solver currently attending undergraduate or graduate institutions to assist the Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) department at Lonza in Houston. Our teams address some of the most critical challenges facing the Cell and Gene therapies manufacturing today.
This position is responsible for initiating new part numbers (PN) of equipment, chemical, and materials in the Lonza cGMP (current good manufacturing practice) database for current and new programs. This position will work closely with scientists in viral vectors and cell therapy programs. This role will interact closely with MSAT SME’s (Subject Mater Expert), Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Supply Chain, Program Managers, and Suppliers.
- Obtaining supporting documentation and evaluation such as Certificate of Analysis, Specification, Quote, etc.
- Submitting supportive documentation to the new PN system
- Tracking review process and approval status.
- Continuously improve the overall process
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program (Junior or rising Junior preferred) or a graduate degree program in a science or engineering field.
- A successful candidate will demonstrate problem-solving and strong organizational skills.
- A proactive mindset and sense of urgency is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Should be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products including word, excel, powerpoint, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to excel in a high pressure environment across multiple tasks.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.