Senior Scientist - Purification (Virus) - 12 months fixed term contract
Slough, United Kingdom
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Scientist – Purification (Virus) to join our Virus team based in Slough. In this laboratory-based position, you will be responsible for the design, execution and delivery of multiple virus clearance projects, whilst also undertaking other tasks including practical protein purification activities, project management, writing documentation from scope through to reports, within our Viral clearance team. You will act as an expert/subject matter expert (SME), and will coach, mentor and train more junior members within the team.
This role will require regular travel (25-50%) to Scotland on a monthly basis.
Please note: this role is a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Designing, executing, and delivering multiple projects (safety, quality, on time and right first time).
- Escalating technical and customer issues in a timely manner.
- Executing complex or non-standard projects
- Develop an area of subject matter expertise within the viral clearance team.
- Ensure that the experimental details, raw data and results are recorded as appropriate. Collating, analyzing and evaluating data to produce good quality process information
- Preparing and delivering high quality presentations, protocols and reports.
- Providing scientific input into customer proposals and amendment
- Coaching, mentoring and training more junior members of the team
- Operating as part of a cross functional project team
- BSc or PhD in relevant scientific/technical discipline and appropriate laboratory experience or equivalent experience. Preferred area of study: Biochemistry or similar.
- Experience and knowledge of working within protein purification essential.
- Experience working in commercial environment, and working within GMP guidelines ideally.
- Pproven experience in providing scientific oversight and delivery of a project preferred
- Experience working within viral clearance preferred
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.