Quality Control Technical Specialist- Raw Materials
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston is looking for a Quality Control Technical Specialist to join the Tech Services team in the exciting world of cell gene therapy! In this newly created role, you will support QC responsibilities for material set up and testing in the lab.
- Performs quality control assessment of new raw materials required to support GMP manufacturing and testing
- Collaborates with MSAT, Manufacturing, and Quality Control SMEs to identify critical quality attributes of raw materials to identify appropriate testing in compliance with applicable site and Lonza quality policies
- Writes, reviews, and approves raw material specification documents
- Leads part number request for QC materials required as part of assay transfer
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Science related discipline
- Experience with raw material testing in support of GMP manufacturing
- Familiar with use and interpretation of USP/EP monographs
- Knowledge of cell and gene therapy materials a plus
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Knowledge of SAP and TrackWise systems a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to write complex procedures and reports.
- Able to communicate status, needs, forecasts, risks and timelines effectively to
- In conjunction with program management team, helps develop loyalty and trust with customers.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.