BU Finance Analyst
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this role you will be a key Business Partner to the selected business unit controller and work closely with the wider business unit Finance team. You will provide support for reporting, financial planning, analysis and decision support, as well as compliance and reporting for commercial and operational activities of the Business Unit.
- Financial closing processes: Assembly automation and consolidation of monthly reporting package for assigned BU with clear and concise commentary on all key financial drivers (Revenue to EBITDA and Free Cash Flow)
- Long and short term planning activities for Business Unit - in year Outlook, annual Target and 5 year Strategic Review
- Business Partnering - support the BU Finance team in the delivery of key financial metrics (Revenue to EBITDA and Free Cash Flow); Reporting and analytical support for BU Management and function; Support for Finance teams on sites on SAP and HFM reporting, coordinating accounting issues and working with corporate accounting to clarify MAM details etc.
- Process improvement - to constantly evolve and ensure delivery of best in class financial processes
- Compliance - ensure financial compliance and support compliance activities across the BU and sites
- Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Business Science or Engineering, preferred MBA
- First experience in Controlling, Analysis, Reporting and M&A
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Good database/system knowledge and experience with global ERP systems (SAP, BW, Hyperion), knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular strong excel skills required
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, German referred
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.