Biotechnologist (night shift)
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
An opportunity has arisen in our global Manufacturing Plant at the center of excellence in Slough. Full training will be provided with an opportunity to develop your career as a Biotechnologist within the pharmaceutical industry. Suitable applicants will ideally have previous experience of working within a manufacturing/ warehouse or GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) regulated environment. We are seeking individuals who can demonstrate following process to strict guidelines and timeframes.
This position is a night shift role and will involve working on a 12 hour (6pm-6am) rotational (4 on 4 off) shift basis which includes non-negotiable weekend working. Attractive salary, shift allowance and annual bonus offered. Whilst this position is working nights it is required that the individual work days for the first three months of employment due to training requirements.
- As a key member of the team you will be ensuring that biopharmaceutical products are manufactured to a high standard of quality within a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) regulated environment.
- Positions exist within upstream and downstream processing; so you will either be responsible for the production of therapeutic proteins using mammalian cell culture techniques; or the purification of proteins using a wide range of purification techniques.
- Working in a clean room environment
- Through on the job training you will obtain a thorough knowledge of upstream or downstream processing, buffer/ equipment preparation
- You will ensure that a high standard of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) is adhered to at all times
- Completing area cleans
- Operating and monitoring
- Works to appropriate safety procedures
- Adherence of Quality management procedures
- Preparation of large volumes of liquid buffer solutions and transportation of full and empty containers to an agreed schedule
- Working on a shift pattern to include alternate weekends
- Manufacturing or Production experience is desirable
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.