Analytical Chemist - Temporary Position
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has several openings for Analytical Chemist’s to support Quality Control in their Bend, OR location. These are all Temporary positions.
The Analytical Chemist will use their understanding of chemistry to conduct analysis of raw materials, in-process items and finished product in a cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) lab in order to support dosage form development and clinical and commercial manufacturing.
NOTE: Must be able to work 4/10's, either Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat.
- Sampling and testing for release of raw materials and/or finished product intermediates and/or finished products
- Operate analytical instrumentation
- Notebook documentation and review
- Write and review Test Protocol's and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) under supervision
- Sampling and testing of cleaning samples
- Support Subject Matter Experts on special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or in a scientific related field
- Relevant laboratory experience in a related field is preferred
- Must be able to perform basic and intermediate laboratory operations
- Must be able to work independently and within a team, with limited supervision
- GMP experience preferred
- Proficient on HPLC (High-Performance Liquid Chromatography), GC (Gas Chromatography), Karl Fisher, Dissolution, and other related lab technologies is preferred
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.