Quality Control Sampler- Raw Materials
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston is the largest facility for cell gene therapy offering exceptional opportunities in quality control. The Quality Control Sampler is responsible for performing sampling of raw materials in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Addionally, responsible for subcontract sample preparation, shipment, and maintenance of raw material retains and test samples.
- Performs sampling of raw materials per approved procedures and specifications.
- Performs appearance testing of raw materials per approved procedures and specifications.
- Prepares sample shipments and submission paperwork for contract laboratory testing.
- Maintains Retain Program and raw material test sample inventory (e.g. sample disposal, etc.)
- May initiate and assist with OOS/deviation investigations.
- Performs general lab support activities such as housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory/ordering of supplies.
- Maintains compliance with all required training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Scientific discipline
- Experience working in a GMP environment
- Prior experience with raw material sampling and testing preferred
- Understanding of basic laboratory equipment and aseptic technique a plus.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- LIMS experience a plus
- Dependable and able to work well within a team.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.