Customer Service Representative - Consumer Health & Nutrition
Australia, Bella Vista
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with our Consumer Health & Nutrition (CHN) customers – both internal and external - by providing efficient service and support through complex problem solving, order execution, technical product information, new product development, seeking and seizing additional sales and resolving complaints/issues.
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships in partnership with the Territory Sales Manager and other sales support (e.g. Technical Service Engineer, Business Development)
- Aggressively pursue growth opportunities within the territory, gaining market and industry information by the productive use of customer relationships and sharing this information with the sales team to augment growth targets
- Support assigned territory needs beyond assigned clients, either in a full-time role or a back-up role, based on the staffing needs and business demands
- Actively team with Territorial Sales Manager and Technical Service Engineer to provide the best possible service to our customers and to meet the performance and growth goals of the business
- Manage customer invoicing, credit issues and participate in territory analysis and forecasting
- Appropriate qualifications in relevant discipline such as Business, Science, Natural/Complementary Medicine, Sales, etc. or B2B Customer Service or Sales & Marketing related experience
- Must have demonstrated success in a highly accountable, customer-focus role; proven problem solving skills, the ability to work in a team based environment with multiple stakeholders both onsite and in the field
- Demonstrated commitment to tasks, flexibility to changes or demands, and customer contact through sales or customer service experience
- Capable of working with little supervision and working effectively with all levels within the organization
- Passion of healthcare and improving quality of life for people
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Travel required (up to 15%) – to support the sales process with customers; occasional offsite sales meetings and/or to attend industry/trade show events.
- Understanding of the complementary health or supplement health sector is a plus
- Language skills beyond English are preferred
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.