Sales & Key Account Specialist Germany, Austria, Switzerland
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza as a global leader for registered biocides, preservatives and antimicrobial formulations for use in disinfectants, sanitizers, institutional and household cleaning products. Lonza provides customers access to our registered formulations in the form of active materials or finished products. Complemented by excellent technical and regulatory support, we help our customers meet the needs of an evolving global market place.
We are currently looking for a Sales Specialist & Key Account Specialist to cover Germany, Austria and Switzerland. As an Account Manager, you will maintain and develop relationships at assigned customers and prospects, most of which are deemed regionally strategic by the business team. You will manage territory in support of business team objectives for accounts, applications, channels, and markets.
- Prospect and identify product opportunities and assess sales potential in order to achieve specific accounts and territory sales targets.
- Manage the sales process within assigned accounts and territory.
- Develop strategic and tactical action plans by account.
- Organize, plan and schedule the use of time to provide optimum and effective account and territory coverage.
- Maintain high frequency of on-site account visits.
- B.S. in Life Sciences with emphasis in chemistry, microbiology or biochemistry with some academic and/or industry specific sales experience.
- Relevant sales experience in Hygiene Disinfection or similar industry.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, maintaining CRM database, spreadsheet creation and maintenance skills, filing, organization, record keeping and planning skills, ability to manage multiple projects, time management skills.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) in German and English with ability to articulate key technical concepts; listening skills; independent and self-directed.
- Good level of French is a plus.
- Strong, customer-focused philosophy, high energy and positive attitude. High level of detail in tasks.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.