Scientist, Research & Development
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an open position for a Scientist to join the Biomanufacturing Research & Development team at our location in Bend, OR. This is an excellent opportunity to join a challenging, dynamic, and cross-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers who focus on improving the manufacturing of biologics medicines.
As a Scientist, you will be responsible for working with a cross-disciplinary team to innovate and deliver solutions to biomanufacturing challenges across the industry. You will routinely conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, and communicate and present results to Lonza research and development teams. You will apply strong engineering fundamentals to in a hypothesis-driven environment to guide the development and tech transfer of new technologies across the Lonza organization.
You will be responsible for both executing experiments, communicating results, as well as contribute to basic biologics laboratory management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executing experiments in a mammalian bioreactor setting
- Learn and understand how to safely operate a range of unit operations and demonstrate proficiency for achieving quality results
- Maintain an accurate and detailed laboratory notebook to detail execution and results of experiments
- Evaluate instruments, equipment, processes, and systems to improve safety, quality, and performance
- Communicate technical information to internal teams and/or clients in the form of oral and written correspondence, presentations, and reports
- Prepare written documents such as technical memos, reports, and technology transfer documentation
- Lead in the execution of basic lab functions, and suggest operational improvements of laboratory practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Biochemistry. Other technical degrees with fundamental course work in biology and biochemistry may be considered
- Strong fundamentals in biology and biochemistry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong drive to learn and contribute outside of your educational specialty
- Previous experience in a bioreactor lab is preferred
- Lab-related experience in aseptic technique and cell culture is preferred
- A bias towards collaboration
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.