Operational Buyer - Indirects
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Operation Buyer- Indirects- to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Geleen.
As an Operational Buyer will be responsible for providing a buying service to all Lonza employees requiring indirect goods/services and CAPEX (where relevant) for the group of sites in scope.
Ensuring all indirect third party spend goes through the relevant buying channel and enforce internal review procedures to maximize value for Lonza.
- Review and validate Purchase Requisition for indirect products/services & CAPEX (where relevant) for several sites
- Cooperate closely with Accounts Payable and the P2P enablement team to resolve invoice queries and GRIR queries. Ensure timely delivery of goods and services
- Support automation of Purchase Requisition & Purchase Order processes
- Carry out competitive bid process (per applicable policy) and/or execute RFx market interventions site requirements
- Ensure contracts and Purchase orders are assigned to relevant preferred suppliers (if possible)
- Place Purchase Orders, obtain order confirmations and expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery for several sites
- Maintain relevant data fields in SAP (e.g. delivery dates and supplier order confirmations)
- Manage non-conformance, rejections & returns with suppliers and Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Monitor & track supplier performance and raise issues with strategic buyers and/or category managers
- Promote the use of e-catalogue (Ariba) and other approved buying channels which generate automation
- Degree qualified
- Hands on experience within a Buying function ideally within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experienced using IT systems such as MS Suite and SAP.
- Ability to work without supervision
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.