Purification Development Group Leader
Slough, United Kingdom
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The role holder will lead and be part of delivery of relevant work packages to project timelines and to required standard and demonstrable track record of successfully managing others.
- Provide Projects with guidance and scientific knowledge and experience in purification strategies both theoretical and established alongside associated technical skills
- To ensure that Project’s outputs are appropriate for use in a cGMP (Commercial Good Manufacturing Practice) environment
- To provide scientific and technical direction on Process Characterisation and Process Development to Project in areas associated with SME (Subject Matter Expert) status
- Manage more junior members of the department who may be performing more
- diverse activities
- Maintenance of resource schedule for direct reports
- Performance management for direct reports
- Accountable for ensuring that direct reports are appropriately trained
- Accountable for execution and delivery of Customer projects as required
- Encourage professional and personal development of direct reports
- Contribute to the day to day running of the department
- Deliver an element of departmental strategy
- Lead problem solving / lessons learned activities
- Accountable for Customer proposals (technical content and work days)
- B.Sc. in relevant discipline, biochemistry, biochemical engineering, biology.
- Subject Matter Expert in one of the following areas of Purification: Purification Process validation, process characterisation, Virus validation, design of purification processes, High throughput screening (HTS), Ultrafiltration / diafiltration.
- Industry experience in study direction and project management.
- Delivery of strategic projects and a knowledge of outsourcing
- Proven experience in Virus reduction and project management.
- Experience in line management or in a supervisory role.
- Ability to take technical insights from one discipline and apply to a different discipline
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.