Viral Vector Therapy - Core Technician- 2nd Shift
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity the Viral Vector Therapy group https://www.lonza.com/viraltherapy The Core Technician will be responsible for carrying out production processes in a GMP facility, with tasks including cell culture and operation of large scale purification by ion exchange and size exclusion chromatography, TFF, column packing and aseptic filling. Other duties include reviewing cGMP records and change controls.
- Knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all team members comply with safety rules and regulations.
- Maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring that all team members comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in
which the team participates.
- Able to perform procedures according to written guidelines and recognize a deviation from accepted practice.
- A majority of the work is done in cleanroom environment.
- While working in the cleanroom, scrubs, hairnet, shoe covers, hood, gown, mask, boots and two pairs of gloves are required.
- Must be capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where inter-departmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous.
- Capable of clearly assigning objectives, clearly setting and measuring and monitoring progress, marshaling resources and handling competing priorities.
- Experienced at establishing clear directions, leading others and bringing out their best.
- This roles will include working 2nd Shift, Nights and Weekends.
- Responsible for carrying out production processes in a GMP facility, with tasks including cell culture and operation of large scale purification by ion exchange and size exclusion chromatography, TFF, column packing and aseptic filling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences preferred.
- Basic experience with a Bachelor’s degree or moderate experience within a cGMP clinical production environment and a High School Diploma
- Lab experience preferred.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.