VAT Financial Accountant
Manchester, United Kingdom
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Due to expansion in our shared service centre in Manchester we are seeking an experienced and qualified VAT Accountant to be responsible for the performance of a number of functional tasks across the EMEA stakeholders, delivering Lonza best practice consistently, to blueprint quality standards, and in accordance with operational KPIs.
Functional tasks relate to, but not exclusively restricted to VAT GL Account clearing and reconciliation, VAT return, ECSL, Intrastat return preparation and submission, responding to tax authority and business VAT queries. As a VAT Accountant, you will concentrate and specialise in the VAT GL accounts, working closely with the GL Team to transition the VAT reconciliations and clearing process to the VAT team. The VAT accountant will also be expected to train and upskill the existing VAT analysts. Once the transition has been performed, the role will focus on keeping the VAT accounts reconciled and other VAT Compliance reporting duties. The tasks performed will underpin the preparation of VAT GL reporting using established accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organizations VAT records.
- Ensure functional tasks are executed in a timely and accurate manner, using harmonised work instructions and using the specialist knowledge of the functional process. Ensure each VAT reporting task complies with local country requirements, which will lead to VAT and ICS control compliance.
- VAT reporting preparation and submission, this will be a number of European countries and includes cover of VAT team members during periods of absence.
- Accelerating transformation and value creation to drive towards required outcomes in area of expertise.
- Take ownership of assigned area. This involves ensuring that AP/AR/GL corrections are processed, keeping VAT knowledge current, updating/ writing new work instructions and have a willingness to train VAT team members.
- Play a key role in both internal/external Tax/financial Audits. Ensure all functional tasks performed have relevant back up, and assist the VAT Manager as required.
- Support other areas of the business as and when required. This could include providing project support, and training within VAT and other SSC functions.
- In depth knowledge of European VAT Compliance
- Technical SAP knowledge
- Process documentation methodology experience
- Attention to detail
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.