QC Associate EM
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Manufacturing areas, incoming materials and utility supplies and products are all released and approved for use based on Quality Control (QC) test results as generated by the Quality Control Associate.
QC Associate is responsible for planning and execution of daily quality assays and control activities while ensuring compliance with all existing GMP and safety standards in the area of responsibility.
- Perform quality activities as part of Environmental monitoring (EM)
- Sampling of C and/or D grade cleanroom
- Perform read-out and documentation of EM results
- Maintain database for EM data
- Request shipments to send out positive EM samples for identification
- Initiation of Quality Events as NC’s, CRF’s and EM investigations
- Receive results from identification and closure or investigations
For EM, the associate is mainly responsible to assure the facility is under control for its dedicated use. Sampling, gathering data, investigating and reporting are main responsibilities.
- The position requires a very precise and responsible working attitude.
- Intermediate or higher vocational education in chemistry/biotechnology.
- Preferably experience with GMP and basic knowledge of incoming materials, EM, microbiological (gram stain, sterility) or analytical (RT-qPCR, FACS, ELISA) techniques depending of the area of interest.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Accuracy, tidiness, self-organized, flexible, attention to detail, team player.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.