Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an Inventory Manager for their location in Bend, OR.
The Inventory Manager is responsible for optimizing inventory, managing inventory-related risk, implementation and best practice for procedures and controls to manage the overall inventory levels and availability for all material types in site.
- Apply divisional standards for inventory parameter setting into specific material classifications supporting the site inventory policy
- Ensure inventory management tasks are in place and completed to ensure site inventory is within defined targets; ensure site inventory integrity results through ongoing validation processes
- Make recommendations for improvements to ABC stratification, Safety Stock levels and cycle counts
- Collaborate with procurement to optimize delivery plans
- Generate site inventory and Slow Moving Obsolete Goods (SMOG) plans
- Work with logistics and distribution to optimize transit lanes
- Identify Root Cause and implement corrective actions for out of tolerance items
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree preferred
- ERP experience required, SAP preferred
- CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) certification is preferred
- Experience with inventory Risk Management
- Highly experienced in knowledge working in or with Supply Chain
- Advanced knowledge working in an Operations organization
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels of organization
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.