Microbiology Technician, Preservation
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. As an integrated solutions provider, Lonza is boosting its value creation along and beyond the healthcare continuum with a strong focus on patient healthcare, consumer preventive healthcare and consumer's healthy environment.
Lonza harnesses science and technology to create products that support safer and healthier living and that enhance the overall quality of life. With the recent Capsugel acquisition, Lonza now offers products and services from the custom development and manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients to innovative dosage forms for the pharma and consumer health and nutrition industries.
Founded in 1897 in the Swiss Alps, Lonza today is a well-respected global company with more than 100 sites and offices and approximately 14,500 full-time employees worldwide.
The Microbiology Technician, Preservation will be responsible for microbiological preservative testing and related activities, for both new product development and technical service projects across the Preservation market areas.
- Able to conduct Preservative Effectiveness Test (PET), Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) Test, Water Activity Test, and Gram Stain Test; and able to operate a Spectrophotometer.
- Able to perform advance procedures/analyses, including the necessary calculations and appropriate documentation of results.
- Able to prepare detailed test reports, and communicate data to Manager.
- Able to perform other duties, take on new assignments under direct supervision, and work on projects at various stages of development.
- Able to operate and maintain laboratory equipment in the Microbiology laboratory.
- BS in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a technical role in relevant application areas
- Experience in Microbiology laboratory, Personal Care formulation development, and data analysis highly preferred
- Good time management, adaptability, and excellent communication skills a must.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.