United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma and Biotech has several openings for Program Manager’s in their Bend, OR location.
This is a great opportunity for you to bring your basic knowledge and understanding of program management and grow your career as a Program Manager.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible and accountable for all operational aspects of leading a project team, delivering the highest level of quality. You will be the single point of contact for customers with regards to operational questions, ensuring each project milestone is delivered in line with agreed objectives, and to be the customer’s advocate within the Lonza network.
- Direct, lead and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver results throughout the life of the program. Shared customer relationship management with Account Managers.
- Manage project scope, timelines, budget and program profitability together with core project team
- In collaboration with Account Management/Commercial Development, create long term program strategies
- Ensure the right and effective internal and external governances are in place and are effective
- Prepares Statements of Work (SOW) and facilitate SOW approval
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or one of the Life Sciences
- Experience participating in or managing a project or program for a product, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Technical competency in the areas of the pharmaceutical industry, chemical manufacturing, process development, product registration, analytical science, Quality Assurance etc. preferred
- Experience working in a cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) environment a plus
- Working knowledge of project management software such as Microsoft Office Project and SharePoint, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong collaborative mindset, proven leadership skills, and a demonstrated ability to hold influence in a matrix environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the organization. Has strength of character to have difficult conversations with senior stakeholders including customers, internal team members and senior management; excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Must be able to travel on occasion (to customers or conferences)
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.