Informatics Sales Representative
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
To address current and emerging direct sales opportunities for enterprise software and process automation technology solutions in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and medical device industries we are looking for Informatics Sales Representative to be home based in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
If you have affinity for technology together with experience in automated software solutions and/or life sciences quality management systems for GMP manufacturing, find out more about the role below.
- Meet and exceed an assigned sales quota for new software licenses and professional services revenue
- Manage and drive the sales process from lead identification through close for an emerging product technology solution focused on electronic data management associated with life sciences product manufacturing
- Present our products and solutions in a compelling manner to potential clients and the life science industry on sales calls and industry trade shows
- Conduct all activities and keep personal qualities such as integrity, appearance and sociability in a manner contributory to maintenance of optimum corporate image
- Possess the ability to work autonomously from a home-based office as well as contribute to overall team performance
- Update and maintain an opportunities sales funnel via Lonza’s Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system
- Work with project delivery team to assist in the management of client projects
- Prepare and submit to management timely and accurate reports that provide information regarding forecasts, sales and market activity and current status of new product launch
- Work with the marketing team to develop new ideas and marketing campaigns to attract new customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Life Sciences with emphasis in cell biology, microbiology, molecular biology or biochemistry is preferred
- Experience selling informatics, analytics and/or process automation enterprise software platforms to GMP manufacturing organisations is preferred
- The candidate should have extensive experience with successful customer-facing responsibilities in a complex selling environment (multiple decision makers, global teams, etc.) OR extensive hands on experience in a regulated Pharma environment in manufacturing/Quality with affinity for sales
- Knowledge of manufacturing, quality assurance/quality control and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with fluency in two languages; English and German
- Strong leadership, customer relationship and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of software validation is preferred
- Strong desire to learn how to sell software in a complex customer environment
- Strong leadership, customer relationship and negotiation skills are required
- Ability to work independently in a remote home office environment
- Comfortable presenting to technical personnel and senior management
- Willingness to travel as required
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.