Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You will manage the custom clearance for the import &export of raw material, samples and equipment; work with freight forwarder to handle the inbound/outbound delivery include cold chain management as well as conduct logistic team management.
- Establish the import/export process for biological materials(Vector/Cell), chemicals, drug substance, drug products, equipment;
- Coordinate with 3rd party Logistics and internal stakeholders to handle the daily custom clearance and import/export permit application in a timely manner;
- Manage the relationship with external authorities and maximize the benefits of applicable policy and prospectively provide practical solution as per new regulations announced;
- Manage the domestic and oversea transportation and guarantee the inbound and outbound fully in line with Global Logistics Strategy; make sure the logistics cost under budget;
- Cold chain management;
- Develop logistics reports, records and Key Performance Indicators and ensuring their effective implementation; Regularly evaluate 3rd party Logistics activities to follow procedures. Initiate corrective actions with Quality Assurance if necessary;
- Develop Continuous Improvement initiatives and drive logistic related project;
- Influence and coach staff, continuous improve logistic capability;
- Make sure the import/export activities fully comply with related countries’ regulation and quality system requirements;
- Others tasks assigned by superiors.
- Bachelor degree in Logistic, International trade or related major;
- Fluent English proficiency;
- Significant experience in Biological/Pharma industry, importation/exportation experience in Guangzhou, especially biologic products handling is a must;
- Deep understanding in cold chain and working experience in Good Manufacturing Practices / Good Supply Practice company;
- Experience in SAP and fluent in office software;
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.