Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a Maintenance Technician in their Bend, OR location.
The initial training period for the Maintenance Technician is approximately 6 months, working a 12 hour day shift (6:00a – 6:00p) Monday through Friday. Upon completion of training, this position will be assigned to the end of the week night shift - Thurs-Sat & every other Wed, 6:00p – 6:00a.
- Conducts and/or assists in repairs (corrective maintenance) and preventative maintenance of process equipment, building support systems, utility systems, and laboratory systems
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Reviews and provides written feedback on maintenance procedures, forms, and records
- Revises, and reviews maintenance or other related procedures.
- Provide regulatory and partner audit support
- Interprets electrical schematics, I/O (Input/Output) wiring and panel drawings, utility, process system/equipment, plumbing, ductwork, and HVAC P&ID's (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams)
- Constructively, courteously and professionally interact with peers and clients in manufacturing, maintenance, utility plants, analytical labs and contracted services
- Function effectively with peers and demonstrate a high degree of teamwork
- Will participate in On-Call rotations for after-hours facility and manufacturing support and may work outside of established shift hours upon short notice
- May perform general labor duties as needed and may be required to work in awkward locations
- Attends all mandatory safety training and maintains a safe work environment by following LOTO (Lockout/Tagout), NFPA 70e (National Fire Protection Association), and applicable procedures and all facility safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum High School diploma / GED (General Education Diploma) is required
- Associates degree in maintenance, instrumentation, electronics, or related technical discipline is preferred
- Certificate or training in mechanical technology or related technical discipline, or Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge and aptitude
- Knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems as well as intermediate skills in the use of power and hand tools in the building trades such as carpentry, plumbing, and electrical are required
- Possess a high mathematical understanding, excellent reading skills along with intermediate computer and typing skills
- Experience working in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) environment highly desired
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.