Senior Manager, MSAT
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Head a department of engineers and scientists to drive the successful and timely transfer of processes into manufacturing. Support production campaigns and serve as technical subject matter expert (SME) and technical interface to customers. Position will work with customers, Process Development, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Program Management, business unit and Sales to successfully transfer processes and systems Manufacturing and support production campaigns. May also be indirectly responsible for other operational services such as Equipment Specialists, Validation, Manufacturing Process Specialist, and Training Specialist(s).
- Evaluate new technologies and process tools to optimize and automate manufacturing processes, reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Establish and maintain data collection, analysis and reporting systems for all processes on site.
- Primary technical interface for projects in technology transfer or manufacturing on site.
- Play a key role in resolving technical issues for all functions to improve compliance throughout the site.
- Serve as investigation lead for process-impacting deviations and investigations.
- Provide technical guidance on change controls and how they might impact the processes and product specifications.
- Identify system level areas for improvement within department or site and propose projects to drive such improvements. Use technical knowledge to influence decision making at site level.
- Own and develop process descriptions and master batch records. SME for all processes on site.
- Lead technology transfers to enable the timely and successful transfer of manufacturing process into Lonza Walkersville. Work with technical experts from customer and within Lonza on the technology transfer. Manage multiple technology transfers in parallel.
- Champion implementation of and adherence to Lonza’s global technology transfer processes and work flows.
- Develop and maintain specific standard work and templates for technology transfer to streamline transfers and minimize errors based on available global templates.
- Forge strong relationships with manufacturing counterparts to serve as a natural extension of the manufacturing team.
- Partnering with the Enabling Functions team, ensure manufacturing training is appropriately designed for each product and provide necessary floor support to supplement pre-campaign training resulting in processes being executed accurately with minimal deviations.Develop basic understanding of other areas (Process Development, Manufacturing) to enable broad technical discussions with customers during technology transfer, process support or investigations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Substantial experience in MSAT and/or Engineering
- Strong Organizational Effectiveness skills, Greenbelt or higher a plus.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Responsible for supervision of team members including but not limited to work distribution, scheduling, training and assistance with solving problems. Also provides guidance and direction over individuals who proceed on their own initiative in compliance with policies, practices and procedures prescribed by their supervisor.
- Ensures budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are met.
- Influences site level decision-making.
- Develops and coaches direct reports for future leadership roles. In addition, provide coaching and mentoring to every member of the organization for their personal and professional development.
- Create a high-performance team that emphasizes strengths-based execution, accountability, open communication, people development and continuous improvement.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.