Temporary Process Technical Writer
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is looking for an experienced Batch Record Technical Writer for a temporary role that will last roughly 6-9 months. As our Batch Record Technical Writer, you will hone your inter-departmental management skills by collaborating with various department colleagues to address comments from internal and external customer reviews and to drive schedule adherence. You will use your technical writing skills of documentation and manufacturing processes, you will produce quality batch records to support operational execution, as well as work on patient safety, drug quality, and business reputation.
- Edit documents: Review and template documents with accurate, clear, and explicit description and justifications.
- Manage document revision: Perform initial review for scope, attain sign-offs and justifications, set up review meetings, etc.
- Manage document comments: Answer and translate questions into the reviewed document to meet regulatory, internal, and external requirements with the aid of document owners.
- Maintain and review schedules/campaigns: Manage document timelines to support the manufacturing schedule; communicate and escalate appropriately to maintain document timelines.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology area.
- Working experience of pharma/biotech (or equivalent) preferred.
- Technical writing in the biotech industry required.
- Project management skills required.
- Strong MS Word experience.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.