United States, Alpharetta (Georgia)
The Operations Controller supports the Microbial Control Solutions Operations Business Units regarding financial planning, strategy development, compliance, reporting and analysis. Role is responsible for management and development of Plant Controlling teams (for these sites) to effectively business partner with all areas of the organization. You are reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Operations Controller, overseeing more than 20 sites with 300+ million of fixed costs.
- Leads, takes responsibility, within Operations Controlling to set, implement and deliver on business objectives and strategies
- Business Partner - influencing business performance by leading decision making process through insightful analysis, fact-based recommendations and proactively identifying opportunities and risks
- Directs and coordinates activities among other Finance and Controlling Teams globally
- Business Partner - analysis and decision support in the area of financial variance analysis, external manufacturing, costing, performance measures, improvement project measures, modeling and training
- Management of all relevant planning and analysis processes such as annual budget, business modeling, monthly close reporting, variance and analysis reporting, etc.
- Analyzes Site and Asset performance, recommends benchmarks, and highlights the key areas of interest for improvement or monitoring
- Shares global responsibility for Operations Unit financial and management accounting in accordance with IFRS, Lonza Management and Finance Accounting Manuals and other required accounting principles
- Leads, oversees and facilitates implementation of site, segment and corporate projects including process improvements, harmonization and standardization where appropriate
- Very strong analytical skills
- Manufacturing, commercial and business acumen
- Interpersonal and communication skills to be able to present business cases to senior management and work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to lead through influence and thought leadership
- Good understanding of multiple finance areas (controlling, planning, commercial, tax, etc.)
- SAP / ERP systems
- Cost Accounting / Inventory analysis
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.