Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Cologne site develops, manufactures and markets a comprehensive product portfolio of life-science research tools around cultured cells, including non-viral gene transfer products for primary cells and hard-to-transfect cell lines. To strengthen our Research & Development (R&D) team, we are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the production-oriented design of electronic (sub-) assemblies for laboratory equipment and consumables over the entire product life cycle
- Design electronic components, products and systems for industrial, medical and scientific applications.
- Review or prepare budget and cost estimates for equipment, design projects and control expenditures.
- Review and evaluate work of others, inside and outside the organization, to ensure effectiveness, technical adequacy and compatibility in the resolution of complex engineering problems.
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, products, and systems to ensure conformance to specifications, safety standards, and applicable codes and regulations
- Analyze and formulate system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of project and develop system plan.
- Develop and perform operational, maintenance, and testing procedures for electronic products, components, equipment, and systems.
- Provide technical support of prototypes and construction supervision during production start-up as well as definition and execution of tests to check the developed software products
- Master or equivalent in electronics engineering
- Significant experience working on development of electronic product, ideally for laboratory equipment or equipment used in a regulated environment.
- Solid knowledge of development using Altium Designer.
- Fluency in both German and English
- Excellent computer skills especially Microsoft Office
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.