Senior Manufacturing Associate - Cell Therapy
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employs in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their idea, big and small, genuinely improve the world, and that’s the kind of work we want to be a part of.
The Senior Manufacturing Associate will help to provide a safe, controlled work environment in all areas of expertise. Be aware of the site safety objectives and make sure they are communicated and understood. You will act as the Subject Matter Expert in the assigned area (i.e. Cell Growth, Drug Product Filling, etc.) during manufacturing operations. You will also assume the lead role during manufacturing operations (i.e. harvest, vial filling, visual inspection, etc.).
You will work with customer subject matter experts to transfer in and maintain customers' processes in production facility. Provide effective trainings for manufacturing staff related to any new equipment or systems to be used in Cell Therapy (CT). You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with the CT Manufacturing Leadership team to incorporate process and operational improvements into new customer processes in manufacturing. Additionally, you will collaborate with CT Manufacturing Leadership team to determine equipment and materials the suite will need to purchase in order to run the process. You may act as fill in for Manufacturing Supervisor and Manufacturing Technical Manager in their absence.
- Set up, operate equipment, and monitor production processes, including clean-in-place (CIP) and steam-in-place (SIP) operations and report production in written and electronic documents in accordance with good documentation procedures (GDPs), troubleshooting issues and review documentation as appropriate.
- Train other personnel on equipment operation, cGMPs, documentation, technical theory, or other tasks. Maintain individual training plan.
- Review documentation (batch records, SOPs, Logbooks) for completeness, clarity, accuracy and submit edits to documents for revision as required.
- Administrative tasks – leading shift exchange, meetings, sending/receiving emails, participating in projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent minimum; AS/BS preferred
- Preferred area of study: Science related discipline
- Significant experience in manufacturing; GMP setting preferred, and/or working knowledge as an Associate Level III in bio-pharm industry.
- Proven logic and decision making abilities, critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- The employee is living the cultural beliefs with the flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities. Is open to and actively seeks out feedback on their performance and translates that feedback into action.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.