Project Lead SGIE Biologics Singapore & APAC
Tuas Singapore, Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Singapore is currently expanding and is therefore recruiting a Project Lead. Role will reports to the Head of Biologics Platform for Strategic Growth Investments & Engineering (SGIE). The Project Lead (Biologics APAC) is assigned to specific growth investments and is responsible for planning, managing and executing pharma and biotech growth investment projects in APAC with an initial strong focus on Singapore. This includes the co-ordination of activities at multiple sites and involving multiple parties.
This role is initially at a Program / Project Director level and has operative leadership of all assigned projects and has the potential to eventually take on full responsibilities of the capital projects portfolio in APAC.
- Accountability and Responsibility for all large capital investments portfolio covering the three pillars of Capex Project Realization, Process & Technology Transfer and Operational Readiness with individual supporting project managers
- Responsible for delivery of project goals in terms of cost, time, functionality and according to client expectations.
- Responsible for the maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring that all project CAPEX leads and teams comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
- Establish project charter including scope of work, goals and deliverables together with the relevant project champion to support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities within the project organization and developing full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Securing optimal flow of information within project organization and at interfaces with project champion/project steering committee, and mediating in case of problems.
- Creating, executing and updating project work plans as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements.
- Reporting regularly in writing, including project progress reports. Includes both internal to Lonza stakeholders as well as ensuring external partners if needed are informed/aligned.
- Identifying and recommending the internal and / or external resources to reach the project goals and managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects.
- Identifying and managing project dependencies and mapping the critical path.
- Developing best practices and tools for project management and execution in a fast-paced generic product development environment.
- Establishing the project team/ structure necessary to reach the project goals and ensures appropriate coaching/development/performance feedback to all direct reports in order to develop a strong and competent team.
- Ensuring compliance with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- BSc or MSc in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, process, pharmaceutical, biochemical engineering or equivalent).
- Extensive experience in program portfolio management, project management and previously project engineering preferably for Biologics and API Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences industries.
- Extensive experience in Stakeholder engagement and management, including business unit and operations unit, and with both local and international senior executives and company leaders
- Extensive experience and expertise in the field of site/ facility/ process and utility functionality, setup and layout.
- Knowledge of current technology in the field of Biologics; building technology, mammalian manufacturing processes and utility technologies.
- International or regional experience strongly desired.
- Experience in cGMP regulatory requirements.
- Ability to lead diverse, cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of project initiations and successfully transitioning into project execution.
- Strong leader, motivating team player, drives results, excellent communication skills and experience in managing matrix-based cross-functional teams.
- Ability to travel around the region.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.