Sr. Analyst, Quality Control
Livingston, United Kingdom
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This role reports to the Quality Control Manager and will primarily be responsible for the management of a team of analysts conducting analytical activities, QC testing and release of materials, packaging components and finished products. The role will be responsible for providing technical expertise at both a theoretical and practical level. The ideal candidate will therefore have a pharmaceutical analysis background and have gained experience within a cGMP, FDA and MHRA regulated environment.
- To lead a team of QC (Quality control) Analysts in conducting analysis in support of both development and market finished products under GMP (Goods Manufacturing Practice) conditions in all areas of quality control and calibration.
- Plan and supervise the execution and reporting of analytical activities to prescribed specifications and protocols for QC release of raw materials and finished products.
- Technical competence in analytical activities to prescribed specifications and protocols for QC release of raw materials, packaging components and finished products ensuring all activities are performed under current cGMP, pharmacopoeia Plan, supervise and execute cleaning verification activities.
- Plan, execute and report calibration of key analytical equipment and measuring devices used in or on production equipment (eg thermocouples, pressure gauges) to agreed specifications.
- Perform review and approval of raw data and reports generated by other laboratory personnel.
- Interpret and report data accurately Compile reports on completed work Preparation of Certificate of Analysis for approval Comply with and update Quality systems
- Preparation of QC documentation
- Manage workload of reporting staff
- Conduct regular performance reviews for reporting staff and provide training as required
- Compliance with Encap health & safety policy & procedures
- A science degree in a relevant scientific discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Experience of supervising/developing others
- Direct experience with analytical analysis and data interpretation
- Demonstrated technical competence of the technical and practical skills involved in analytical activities to prescribed quality standards
- Proven ability to work to key regulatory and compliance requirements
- Skilled in analytical techniques eg HPLC (High-performance liquid chromatography), Dissolution and Gas Chromatography
- Able to communicate well via written media with specific emphasis on report writing.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.