Manager, Compensation & Benefits
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manager, Compensation & Benefits will implement and manage Total Rewards projects, policies and processes, ensuring alignment for the region. Provides education, support and communication tools for existing and new total rewards initiatives, policies and programs. Serve as subject matter expert with in-depth knowledge of practices for the assigned markets and countries in the region. Partner with peers in EMEA and APAC regions.
- Act as a Total Rewards partner to HR and stakeholders in the region by providing insightful analysis, expert advice and recommendations. Gain regional market insights as well as business insights to drive initiatives within TR context e.g. for new country set-up and M&A activity. Advise on various reward challenges in fixed/variable pay and benefits area. Be a strong advocate of all reward aspects, including policy, practices and program interpretation and communication, recommend reward solutions for talent attraction, motivation, reward and retention
- Work closely with HR Business Partners and the Talent Acquisition team to advise and develop Rewards systems to enable the business to attract, retain and motivate their people. Advise the Talent Acquisition team with regard to constructing competitive compensation offers and communicating to candidates.
- Responsible for design and enhancement of benefits policy within the region and aligning with global programs, whilst meeting the needs of different employee demographics in diverse locations.
- Manage regional participation in the multinational pooling program.
- Coordinate with the HR Services team on benefit policy changes within the region to ensure effective and efficient administration.
- Conduct analysis and oversee design and development of plan changes as necessary to ensure competitive and cost effective benefit plans on a global basis
- Provides education & communication tools for existing/new total rewards initiatives, policies/ programs, ensuring all TR policy changes are communicated across the region and consulted on as appropriate
- For key markets in the region, lead external vendor management and selection, overseeing and monitoring performance of vendors (including insurance brokers and third-party administration providers) and managing vendor relationships to ensure smooth plan changes and efficient ongoing administration
- Oversee the benefits renewal cycles for key markets, continuously monitoring for cost savings, operational efficiencies and improved customer experience.
- Manage ongoing and future integration and harmonization projects relating to benefits plans in the region.
- Develop/maintain project plan, manage and oversee multiple vendor engagements, develop training and change management for impacted individuals and stakeholders (including works councils)
- Consult local HR teams to finalize detailed data gathering and opportunities for plan alignment
- Consult with local brokers and advisers to review plan design, market benchmarking, market rates for benefits, alignment to global pooling arrangements and assess opportunities for cost savings
- Deliver benefit plans that aligns to Lonza's total reward philosophy, delivers on a great employee experience, and enable continued scalability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Preferred area of study: Human Resources, Business Administration, Economics, Finance / Accounting
- Relevant and progressive Compensation & Benefits experience, ideally in large multinational organizations or consulting
- Knowledge of broad-based compensation programs (short, long-term variable pay programs, sales incentive), current and future compensation trends and practices, pensions and benefits (including open enrollment, HDHP, HSA)
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage others directly and/or indirectly, while fostering a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative, problem solving and consultation skills required.
- Ability to work effectively at both strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to multi-task, quickly assess and resolve issues, while translating complex information into concise and understandable terms
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.