Sr. Project Engineer (LSI Projects)
United States, Alpharetta (Georgia)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Alpharetta, GA (USA) site includes a building that accommodates a large R&D Center dedicated to Specialty Ingredients products along with business management and support services offices for Coatings and Composites and Consumer Health. We are currently looking for a full-time Senior Engineering of Projects for to join our location.
- Is accountable for assigned engineering work and projects, including coaching and supervising project team members in matrix organizations.
- Delivers capital projects on schedule, within budget and according to specifications/functionality.
- Supports adequate staffing of projects teams in order to meet assignments.
- Is able to effectively utilize outside engineering and construction services for project development and implementation.
- Fosters Subject Matter Expertise (SME) on capital project planning and execution.
- Provides SME support to operations and other departments on capital project planning and execution.
- Provides state-of-the-art documentation on all projects.
- Actively supports the safety culture by applying the relevant local safety policies and guidelines by having working experience of government requirements, OSHA, PSM, Environmental applicable laws and permitting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in Project Engineering
- Similar industry experience strongly preferred
- Bachelors and/or Master’s in Engineering
- Must be willing to travel up to 33% of the time
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.