R&D Project Engineer
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Bornem site develops and manufactures a wide range of innovative dosage forms for the biopharmaceutical and consumer health & nutrition industries and has evolved into a global player in high volume capsule manufacturing. To strengthen our mechanical Research & Development (R&D) team we are currently looking for an R&D Project Engineer responsible for developing and managing projects and transfer new process and system technologies to Lonza affiliates
- Identify opportunities to utilize new process technologies to improve the existing process or create new processes or products.
- Execute and/or manage projects from laboratory demonstrators and prototypes through manufacturing scale-up and operational phases.
- Organize process technology design, prototyping and scale-up trials; perform required experimental design and analyses, identify critical process variables
- Support implementation of new technology within Lonza affiliates in conjunction with TS or divisional project teams
- Organize and execute process, systems, equipment or methods validation in support of technology transfer following guidelines
- Assist in training and functional guidance of end users of new process technology and system development introductions
- Design and prepare process or systems manuals to facilitate ‘top-class’ technology transfer practice within Lonza
- Master’s degree or a PhD in Mechanical Engineering or any related field.
- Working experience in the field of process engineering
- Demonstrated a solid knowledge of Office software and are an advanced Excel user.
- Fluent in English
- Dutch language skills are nice to have.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.