Senior Group Leader, QA
Slough, United Kingdom
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza has a great opportunity for an experienced QA Senior Group Leader to join our QA Technical Support Team. This is a permanent position based out of our state of the art development and manufacturing facility in Slough, UK
As the QA Senior Group Leader you will enable site operations performance by managing and supporting GMP issues through QMS processes, site governance mechanisms, and senior QA leadership. You will act as GMP SME by designing, implementing, managing, and enforcing quality processes on site to encourage a “quality at point of doing” culture with a focus on “effectiveness (doing the right things).” You will develop, manage, coordinate, coach, and mentor direct reports to ensure business objectives are met.
- Provide leadership, coaching, performance feedback, and training to all direct reports through regular 1:1, individual development plan review, and objectives review.
- Resource plan and maintain visibility of the team’s workload ensuring completion of activities assigned to direct reports to achieve team and business goals.
- Act as the QA Technical Manager’s deputy where required.
- Proactively identify improved ways of working within the QA Technical Support Team in alignment with the team’s development strategy, objectives and goal setting and project prioritisation activities.
- Provide shoulder-to-shoulder review, approval, and QA Technical support to key business partners for the management of quality records (E.g. deviations, CAPA, Change Controls, investigations).
- Utilize knowledge of GMP and quality processes within the functional areas to: Manage and escalate Major and Critical compliance issues through the site QMS processes (E.g. deviations and CAPAs)
What we need you to have:
- Significant GMP QA experience in industry ideally in biologics and aseptic manufacturing settings.
- Strong knowledge of European and USA GXP Guidelines
- Leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Excellent risk-based decision making and problem solving skills
- Exceptional organisation, planning and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrated risk management and project management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.